Bouncy Ball is the Source of All Goodness and Light <$BlogRSDURL$>

Bouncy Ball is the Source of All Goodness and Light

pure enlightenment

Friday, November 26, 2004

"World drifts in, and the world's a stranger"

Been a busy week. Monday I had some class and then met with my group whose project is due next monday. I realized that this was going to be a lot harder than it should be when they all came to class in a short bus. We talked about how I needed them to finish their parts ASAP since I have to write the paper.
On Tuesday I had a morning class, then went to work, then went to another group meeting where I was told that only one person was done with their part. I said I would be back on Saturday to finish it up and the people who were not done acted like that would be a good time for them to come in and finish up their parts. Fuckin short buses. They just don't get that they have to be done in order for me to do my part. Oh yeah, their parts can only be done in the computer lab of Sarkey's, which is closed until at least Sunday. I have a key. Moving along. After leaving the group meeting at about 8:30 I realized I hadn't eaten all day, and Shep had just happened to call to tell me of free tacos at the watering hole. I made my way over and proceeded to put a few back and eat some free tacos. These were actually pretty good tacos, but they don't mix well with digestive processes
Wednesday I did nothing until the evening when Brad, Clark and I headed up to the Tulsa metro area and visited our long lost brother, Hansen. We left about 6 or so and headed that way. When we got there his whole family was there watching Shrek 2. The little ones were pretty much going nuts as seems to happens at family gatherings with lots of sugar. A few of the adults were looking for solace in the wine bottles, but there just wasn't enough to help. We got told a story about when one of the uncle's took his three nephews (by far the most insane trio of the little hellions ages from about 6-10 or so) to the lake and they were standing on the edge of a 15 foot cliff looking around. The middle-aged demon ran up and just pushed the oldest over the edge. The uncle dives in after him, because who knows how deep the water is. Well, the uncle and kid get back to the group and the middle child has been given a stern verbal warning and time out for ten minutes by the demons' mother. I don't believe in beating children, but sometimes a spanking can be deemed acceptable. After the family departed, we hit up the quick stop for a thirty stone and went back to the house to play some games. Hansen had his trip paid for by the high school he is working for, because he is donating some hockey equipment to them. His friend, Kyle, also came along for the trip and they were headed to the Chicago area the next morning to visit his family. Well, Brad had not drank beer in quantity in a while and they got to him a little quicker than the rest of us. He renamed Kyle to "The Man from the North," and gave him nearly every drink that he could give away. The old random comment Brad returned with a vengeance, and it was excellent. I left Sapulpa right about 2 A.M., after the beer had settled, stopped for gas, and still made it home at 3:45. I was very proud of myself.
Thursday was busy, three stops for Thanksgiving. First, the dad's family in Norman at 2 P.M. Then the mom's dad's place at 4 P.M. And finally mom's mom's after the others which lasted til 10:30 or so. After that, the bar. Good to see people on the holidays. Anyway, that turned out bad. I got pissed and yelled at some random people and I hear Shep did too. Anyway, I eventually got home and went to sleep. Being tired, alcohol, and too much time with family don't mix together well at all.
By the way, I can't actually root for the Irish, but I would love USC to lose.

Quattro (World Drifts In) - Calexico
 Linkage  heaubeau's enlightment as of 1:17:00 PM